Sunday, July 7, 2013

Nemesis is Back!!!

For a long time my nemesis at the American Legion has been Carl.  Our history goes way back, but suffice it to say he has been the agent of my losses more often than about any other player (not to say I am keeping track, Bob, Linda, Terry, Eric, Robert, etc.)  The weird thing is, I can be ahead and he calls and catches up, or I can be behind and never catch up.  He has knocked me out with overfulls on the river, two pair to catch my overpair, flushes to beat my straights, you get the idea.  Again, if he calls, I am in trouble seemingly no matter how far ahead.  Friday night I was down to 6 big blinds (300/600 on next to last table).  I pick up AJ offsuit and for some dumb reason elect to just raise to 1800.  Carl calls with KQ suited.  The flop is K/J/10, giving me middle pair, an overcard and gutshot straight draw.  I check though and Carl put me all in.  I had a very bad feeling and almost folded, but called.  Turned out I had no overcard, as that made him a straight, and was drawing to 2 jacks and 3 queens.  Against some players I would have a chance, but none with Carl.  Player down.

2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

My worst nemesis is myself - LOL. (See my blog)

I am playing in Pendleton on Saturday July 20. Are you playing? If not, I will offer you a piece of my action if you want it. I'm only playing the $225 tournament, but you're welcome to pay some or all of my entry fee if you want. No pressure. I think you should play. You're better than I am anyway.

See you sometime.

7 Dewey said...

P.S. Of course after you read my blog & see how badly I played kings you probably would never want part of my action again - ha!