Saturday, July 13, 2013

Another Friday Night and I Ain't Got No Money (Apologies to Sam Cooke)




Wisely, I planned ahead for my usual Friday night Legion beating (please, sir, may I have another) by signing up early to deal table 2.  This usually guarantees at least a $30 rebate in tips,  while also meaning that I did not have to stay until the bitter end...though I did anyway.  There was a major distraction at the table which got a lot of discussion later.  A very young, very pretty girl pulled up a chair next to my table and several players tried to educate her on the intricacies of Texas hold 'em, things like, you get two cards, then the dealer turns over 3 cards.  You know, advanced stuff like that.  She was the bad luck charm for the two players she was sitting next to...both busting early.  She then moved to the handsome young man who was dominating the table.  He was soon gone. 

After table 3 broke down, my nemesis, Carl moved to my table.  Major rut-row.  However, I managed to avoid him and almost saw him get busted when he called an all-in with AQ.  He made a comeback when he rivered a full house on a rivered flush.  True to form, he got his chips in behind but sucked out.  My last hand was also pretty true to form, shoving with 10/10 and being called by 9/9.  There was a 9 in the door, and for good measure another 9 on the turn.  Happily, I did not also give him the high hand for the night (shitty dealer, me) as I had already dealt a queen high straight flush to another player who ended up the chip leader and chopping top 3 spots.  I earned exactly $30 in tips, which meant my evening cost $10.  Chalk it up to cheap entertainment. 

1 comment:

Phil said...

Next day, talked to the girl I mentioned. She said "Everyone kept buying me drinks". Her friend said, "She was with us across the street at the bar, left for an hour or so and came back totally wasted". Oh, to be young again.