Thursday, July 18, 2013

How wrong is this?





Playing in a 27 person SNG online, I am sitting pretty snug in 2nd place with 14 players remaining.  In an unraised pot, playing J/Q in the small blind, The flop is 3/4/J.  I bet a half pot bet, everyone folds but one player.  The turn is a queen, I bet pot size, the player calls.  River is a king, I bet about 1/2 his remaining chips, he calls and turns over K/K for a set.  Now well below average stack, on the button I limp with J/10.  Flop is J/10/x with one club.  I shove all in, the chip leader calls with 10/2 of clubs.  Runner runner clubs and I am gone.  Unbelievable.

Playing another SNG, I flop a straight with 9/10 (flop is J/Q/K).  Caller has J/Q.  River brings another Queen.  Later, I flop 2 pair on same flop with K/Q.  Caller has 9/10, his straight holds up.  How wrong is this?

Either I am the unluckiest player in poker or the worst.  Haven't decided yet.  Keep getting snapped by inferior hands, like this morning AJ vs K10, he flops two kings.  Queen high flop, I have Q8, all in called by 6/8, he gets runner runner flush.  Bad luck or what?  I hate this game.

It continues.  Just knocked out of another tournament.  In BB with Q/Q, 3 limpers.  I shove, called by J/9.  He hits a J on flop and 9 on river.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

You are NOT a bad player. You are an unlucky player. As you know, poker is cyclical. You will get yours someday. Hopefully sooner than later. I feel the same way most of the time, getting my money in good with the best of it and my hand rarely holding up. Patience. I know it's tough.