Monday, July 22, 2013

How's This For Running Unlucky

A recent comment about being an "unlucky" player struck home.  Sometimes, honestly, I feel that if my luck were just average I would cash nearly every time.  Here is an example though, of my bad luck playing early in a 27 person online sit n go tournament.  I am in early position with 2/2, several players limp, including an idiot with K/5 offsuit.  The flop is 2/5/K.  I bet $80, he reraises to $360, I reraise to $800, he shoves, I call.  The turn is a 5 and the river is a king.  Now short stacked (I had him covered), I shove with 8/8 on the button.  Everyone folds except one player who calls with A4 suited.  He hits an ace on the turn.  I am gone.




Playing in a 2nd sng, I limp from the small blind (all other players folded) with 7/7.  The big blind shoves, I call.  He has 9/9.  I am gone.



1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I was just writing a blog entry so thought I would see if you had anything new and by golly you did! Yes, you can consider yourself unlucky. I do too. However, for the MOST part you and I both get the money in good with the best hand and that's all you can ever hope for. We can't help it if idiots with K5 suck out. We are playing correctly. Karma will come back to bite them in the butt. Someday our ship will come in. Keep positive!!