Monday, July 15, 2013

Why The Name of my Blog is Brilliant



Just reflecting about why I chose my blog name.  The more poker that I play, the more appropriate it
seems.  Sometimes we choose intuitively and just nail it.  Review the lyrics below, particularly the part about "logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead".  Often when I am playing I really feel like Alice falling down the rabbit hole.  And yes, I know it is a song about drugs.


One pill makes you largerAnd one pill makes you smallAnd the ones that mother gives youDon't do anything at allGo ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbitsAnd you know you're going to fallTell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillarHas given you the callTo call Alice, when she was just small
[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/white-rabbit-lyrics-jefferson-airplane.html ]When the men on the chessboard get upAnd tell you where to goAnd you've just had some kind of mushroomAnd your mind is moving lowGo ask Alice, I think she'll know
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy deadAnd the white knight is talking backwardsAnd the red queen's off with her headRemember what the dormouse said“Feed your head, feed your head”

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Still one of the best songs ever whether it's about drugs or not (which everyone knows it is) and quite appropriate to poker. Good choice of blog name by the way!