Saturday, August 4, 2012

Don Poker in Maricopa

Had the opportunity this week to pay a short visit to my high school buddy, Don.  We had originally planned to play in a big tournament, but it began too soon after we arrived.  It is my mother's 85th birthday on Monday so that was the reason for my trip to Phoenix in the heat of summer (was well over 100 every day).  So, anyway, was able to squeeze a couple of hours away from family to see Don & Penny.  We had a nice, but too short visit and made some plans to do better next time.  It was great to see him and Helene later commented that we had the same passion for poker.  I really appreciate Don's thoughtful approach to the game and think we can help each other play better.  On a side note, the big tournament that I missed turned into a small win for Don, a couple of hundred dollars.  Would have really enjoyed being there and playing......gotta plan better next time for that.
 

No comments: