Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thirsty? Have a Cooler.

Wow, playing well in a couple of online tournaments.  Enough chips to coast to the cash (one was a qualifier to an I-Pad tournament) when these situations came up.  The first one a big stack to my immediate right was raising nearly every blind.  Irritating.  Finally, he raised fairly big from the hijack (he was raising there too) and I called "BS" on him with my 6/6 by re-raising all-in.  He calls with K/K and I am bubbled out.  Not smart, but probably ahead of most hands he was raising with. 

The second one, there are 13 of us left and 10 get entry into the tournament for the I-Pad.  A big stack shoves and I wake up with Q/Q.  Instacall.  Oops, he has A/A.  Oh, well.

My day has been going like that.  The morning tournament I call a small bet from 10/9 with my 8/9 on a 9/7/5 flop.  Turn is my dream card, an 8.  He shoves and I call.  River is a 6 giving him a 10 high straight when he hits his gutshot.  Cash game a disaster.  Aces cracked twice, 2 flush draws came in on the river in big pots and set of queens busted by a rivered straight.   

No comments: