Thursday, August 9, 2012

Yet Another 2nd Place Cash Finish

Played last night, way too late only to come in 2nd in a $10 cash tournament.  Took some incredibly bad beats, well make that lost coin tosses when I had a 3/1 chip advantage.

Example 1:  9/3 vs. 3/4  He hits his 4
Example 2:  QJ vs. 10/10  lost coin flip
Example 3:  You get the idea

I am just curious to see how they pay me the $10 bucks.  Check?  Money Order? Change?  It is not the money so much as the competition for me.  There were 164 players in this particular one, so 2nd place in a real tournament of this size would be a big win.  Quality of competition, well, you got me there.  Some real donks, but also some quality players.

Example of donks, playing in a $2000 qualifier round with 10 qualifying, we are down to 11 players and one guy just keeps shoving.  I am in #8 position, so am folding everything.  Finished in 7th place to win a seat.....the donk finished 10th.  Also won a seat, but could have turned out very bad for him. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Great job! Keep up the good work.