Saturday, August 11, 2012

Stuck. A Buck. Just my luck.



Arriving late to the Legion tournament last night I was asked to deal as the usual dealers were not playing.  There were two tables set up with chips and another set up with no chips or chairs.  I thought that they meant the #3 table which probably would be used when a few more players arrived.  Not so.  With a packed 11 per table I was assigned to table 1, the final table.  Crud, that means I am here to the bitter end, with or without chips.  They hand me an envelope containing $20, which was the dealer tips from a few weeks ago when I dealt table 2.  Sweet, only stuck $20 pregame.

As a dealer I seldom give myself good cards, and this was no exception.  Got involved in a few hands with giant draws (straight and flush on one) and found myself short stacked.  Raising in late position with A/J, am called out of a blind by K/J.  The flop is J/10/3 and Gary leads out for about 2/3 of my chips.  No problem, I am "all-in".  Naturally, I deal him running kings to knock me out of the tournament and give him the high hand of the night, worth $44.  Shitty dealer!!!!  3 outer catches 2 outs.

Luckily, the tournament ended at a decent hour, about 10:30 and the tips were good, my share was $39, thus with my $40 buy-in, stuck a buck!  With my $20 from the last dealing I went home $19 richer than when I arrived.

No comments: