Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Horrible Week of Poker

This week has been an expensive poker week for me.  Starting on Sunday, very bad day.  No outstanding hands, just tons of bad beats, runners catching me, horrible calls (by the villains), draws failing to come in.  I should have seen the handwriting on the wall when very early in the game I raised to $12 and "Mr. Bling" (Mauro) calls me with A/2 vs. my JJ.  Flop is 2/2/6, I bet $20 to protect from over cards.  Ended up costing me about $70.

Yesterday was bad, but better than Sunday.  Playing in tournament had every bad beat imaginable from one horrible player.  Example:  Raised preflop with QJ.  Flop is Q/J/8.  I go all-in, called by the same donk chasing a flush draw to river for 1/2 his chips (he caught it) with K/9 suited.  He hits his 10 on the river to knock me out.  Only satisfaction was watching him bubble out.  Cash game no good.  Raised in late position with 6/7 suited and 5 callers.  Dream flop is 8/9/10 with two of a suite.  I bet $20 and am raised by Andrew.  I call.  He usually does not bet me heads up but does so when a queen hits on the turn.  I fold.  Later, talking with him he said he flopped the higher straight and raised to let me know where he was.

Today started much better.  Playing in the morning tournament after playing some on line tournaments to warm up (won or cashed in 2 out of 4 and hit a king high straight flush), I was confident the cards would turn in my favor.  Finally cashed with a 2nd place finish to Hal who caught a 6 with his K/6 suited call of my AQ shove.  The win was worth $140 (less $25 buy-in and $12 tip).  for a $108 win (including my $5 freeplay win).  Sitting in the cash game for an hour to get the free lunch I also won $57.  So, with some make up from my losses I now have to get busy and get to work. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I just noticed your comment on my blog asking me how I did last Sunday - I did not do great either and naturally didn't leave so lost all my money. Just FYI - I am off to Safeco this weekend and moving everynight for the next 2 weeks with big stuff to be moved on the 25th so I probably won't be playing much - phooey - and missing the Stark tournament - bummer. See you sometime. I hope your luck improves. May the flop be with you!