Monday, August 6, 2012

Online Poker Wins



Playing in two qualifier tournaments last night on cardplayer.com, my new free poker site.  The first one was a direct qualifier into a $100 freeroll.  There were about 80 players.  Monster flop for me on the first hand.  I took out the first 4 players and became the chip leader.  Limping with A/10 of spades and at least 6 people seeing the flop, I flopped broadway with a K/Q/J flop and two diamonds, one spade.  The betting went:  100 from 7/9 of diamonds, call by K/3, call by K/J, and call by Q/Q.  I then raised it to 300 and all players flat called.  The turn was an 9 (of spades) giving me the flush draw as well as the made straight.  Again the flush draw bet 100 and everyone flat called to me.  I then shoved (starting stack of 2000) and unbelievably, all 4 players called.  I dodged the many bullets (K,Q,J, diamonds, 9) and suddenly had over 10,000 chips!  I coasted along, losing a couple of big pots but comfortably finishing 4th with top 10 qualifying for the freeroll.

Tournament #2, $500 freeroll with over 400 players.  Played tight, no huge hands that I remember and finished 4th with top 5 getting a seat.  Now the challenge is remembering to sign in when the big tournament runs.  

No comments: