Friday, July 27, 2012

Unlucky Against Donkeys



Playing in a few SNG's online this morning (testing my "luck") I run into two of the luckiest donkeys ever.  In the first one, I am in the small blind playing 7/9 suited, I limp heads up to a guy who knocked 2 players out first hand (this is a 5 player SNG) by raising preflop with Q/6 and calling an all-in with an overcall all-in!  He hit two pair.  So, now, he min-raises me and I call.  The flop gives me a gutshot straight draw, needing an 8.  I think the flop was K/6/5.  I figure he probably missed the flop, so I bet 30.....he calls.  Turn is another 6 so I bet 90 to represent the 6.  He calls.  River, bingo, bango, bongo the 8 for my straight.  Figuring he is a donk, and aggressive, I check to trap his bet which he predictably makes.  Great, I re-raise all-in figuring he will call which he immediately does with his Kings full of 6's.  WTF!!!!!

Moving to a second SNG I raise with AQ, am re-raised by AK, I go all-in, there is a king on the flop.
Who is the donkey here?  Me.

Third SNG, a guy doubles up first hand with garbage, second hand I have QQ under the gun.  I raise to 80, one caller, then the donk re-raises me 250.  I want to isolate him, so I re-raise all-in.  The other player folds, he calls to reveal.......10/3 offsuit.  No problem for him as there is both a 10 and a 3 on the the flop!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi