Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pot 'O The Night

Playing in the $2/20 cash game has been very painful for me lately. Usually booking losses, some worse than others. Finally, I was able to eke out a small profit of around $50 and was about to call it good when I took a tremendous hit against a loose chaser. With the K/Q offsuit (queen of hearts), I got a flop of 9/10/J all hearts. A loose player bet $7 into me and I reraised to $27. He called and everyone else folded. The turn was a blank and I bet another $20. He called. The river brought another heart and he bet into me, I called with the 3rd nut to see his ace of hearts. Donkey!!!

Now slightly stuck, I win the next hand and am $30 ahead for the session. Thinking of quitting I get involved in a big pot. I limp with Q/10 of hearts and it is raised by Clark to $22. With 4 callers I call the raise. The flop hits me really hard.....J/9/4 with two hearts. I bet $20, hoping to take down the pot right there but Clark raises to 40, Joe calls and a stranger reraises. I call. The turn brings a heart and I bet, Clark and Joe fold and the other guy calls. River a blank, I bet and the stranger calls (Bad Bob was all-in on main pot). The other guy turns over his flopped two pair...J/4 and Bob mucks. I rake the $400 plus pot and quit a few hands later up over $300.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Great job! I may try some 2-20 tonight or most likely Saturday. As a side note, I am never playing at the Lucky Bridge again. Those people are all crazy. I'm not even going to write about it - not important - but as always I had the best hand when all-in and got beat by a draw on the river. Stupid people. See you soon!