Friday, January 13, 2012

Draws Coming In, Hands Holding Up

I have said (whined)for a long time, "just let my hands hold up and/or my draws come in and I will make a lot of money in poker". This week it is happening for me. Chopped the morning Moose for $140 win then sat briefly in the cash game and won another $150.

Notable moments: tournament: down to $300 in chips with blinds at $200/400 and won my all-in AJ (chopped with 10/J making a straight also), then all in 3 ways with AA which held up.

Cash game: Called big raise heads up with 4/5 suited, flopped open ender, turned straight.
Won three big pots with my new best buddy favorite hand: Q/10...making a straight once, two pair once and trips (vs. AA) the other hand.

Bet big with KK all folded but 8/8, kings held up.

Like I say, just needed to have some draws come in or hands to hold up and I can win serious money. Hoping my streak continues this weekend during tournament play.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I certainly feel the same way . . . and your luck did hold up in tournament play . . . yippee! I get so frustrated losing with the best hand all the time. However, as they say, if you go all-in with the best hand, that's all you can ever hope for. It just has to hold up. That's the hard part. If only we could control the luck. But then, I guess it would be a pretty boring game. It's that love-hate relationship that keeps us coming back.