Monday, January 16, 2012

Another Joker Chop

My Joker's winning streak is now an unbelievable 3/5 wins lifetime. It was great to split with my friend Lynne particularly coming into the final table as one of the three shortest stacks.

The Moose Sunday tournament was not kind to me. Terrible table draw out in the pit. Short stacked I called an all-in (Q/10 suited), but had him barely covered. Ali also calls with 7/9 offsuit!!!!! He hits a 7 and puts me all in (barely). I call with 2 overcards to the board and a gutshot straight draw. When I miss he knocks us both out. What a terrible call on his part, literally no hand he can be ahead of preflop.

Playing in my favorite Omaha game I very quickly get stuck $100 then take an available hold-em seat as the game is very short handed and about to break down. Played about an hour and made up my omaha loss plus about $20 towards my tournament buy in loss. All told, an o.k. weekend, on the plus side.

I am trying to build up my poker bankroll this year to play in a world series event. Can hardly wait to talk to my old friend Don about this when I see him later this month in Phoenix.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

That was fun splitting at Jokers. As for Ali, that guy is a pure luck box, I swear. I don't think he knows the first thing about how to play. It was just bad luck getting involved with him. I had a pretty good weekend too and will get around to blogging hopefully later today.