Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!!!




My birthday poker was very good to me. Playing in the 10 a.m. Moose tournament I got a very bad draw...out in the pit. The first hand of the tournament one of the loosest players got all in and won. Rut-Row! Now we all had to contend with his very loose calls for a long time. Example: I raise under the gun with AJ suited. He calls from the small bling with 7/2 (no the player is not Lynne). He flops a 2 and calls bet on the flop, turn and river with bottom pair. Ouch. Betting with air, but how the heck do you call?

I get a little short but double up through a young, loose aggressive player who raised with AK and called my shove with QQ. Back in the hunt I make the final table with a great stack, probably 2nd or 3rd most chips. Taking a horrible beat (preflop raise 2.5 times BB the blind calls with j/6 offsuit and flops two pair to my AQ) when the queen hits the turn. We eventually get down to heads up play and my offer to chop is refused when he has me outchipped 2/1. The tables turn and I am up 2/1 when I repeat my offer. He now accepts. Gracious of him.

Turning to the Omaha game in progress I win a couple of big pots and quit winning $180. With my $440 win (plus bounties), it has been a great birthday poker outing.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I'm glad you had great poker fun on your birthday. Nice of that guy to chop with you when he was behind - LOL. Isn't that always the way? I probably won't be playing this weekend except I might play the Sunday 2:00 at Jokers. (15,000 chips & 15-minute rounds, $40). Maybe I will see you then.