Thursday, January 19, 2012

New World's Record Set for AA


I think I set the world's record for AA this morning. After leaving the tournament early I played cash game and was dealt AA 4 times within an hour, including back to back!!!! Have never seen that before. After the back to back ones, I checked my cards, laughed and raised big with A/2 offsuit saying, "You guys will not believe this". Dougy called my raise, and with a small flop with a queen, he raised my $15 continuation bet to $35. I called and the flop brought another small card for a 4 straight, I checked, Doug bet, I called. River completed my straight and I bet $20 into him, he called in disgust and I tabled my A2 for a winner.

Had a dentist appointment and quit $140 up in an hour, despite being snapped every time with my AK (dealt to me 3 times). Hated to give up the hot seat.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

That's too cool! However, I do have you beat (sorry to say). Although I believe you DO have the record for a cash game. I once had A-A FIVE times in the space of one hour in a morning tournment at the Moose, including back-to-back. I won with 4 of the 5 and would have won the 5th one but for the fact that a 4-card flush was on board & I didn't have the right ace. I didn't call the bet, but someone else did & the flush would have beat me. A long time ago I once had A-A back-to-back twice in the span of an hour in a tournament and won both times. Isn't poker weird? Hope your dentist appointment wasn't too annoying!