Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How do you do this?

Playing in the turbo "morning Moose" I was totally on fire, knocking out 4 players with monster hands. Moving to the final table I was undisputed chip leader with 1/3 of all chips in play. It was like a switch got turned off. I kept looking down at indescribably terrible hands, folding to the big blind twice (who was an aggressive short stack), calling a reraise with pocket 2's (notably the only pocket pair I was dealt on the FT) by a short stack who I doubled up with his j/9 suited (what was he thinking???) Anyway, did not win a single hand and was out in 5th place. Un-freaking-believable!!!!!

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I have been there & done that. I think the mistake we make as huge chip leaders is not taking the proper advantage of the situation. As I have read on numerous occasions - it doesn't take cards to win. We must use those large stacks & position to bully the shorter stacks. Sometimes it works . . . sometimes it doesn't. But we sure can't just sit on our asses waiting for "good" cards. Better luck next time!