Monday, January 2, 2012

The All Night Boys

Showing up early for the 10 a.m. Moose tournament on Sunday I took the only available seat in the cash game. After sitting down I rethought playing. There were 3 players (Sal, Ahn, & Sang) sitting with around $4,000 total in front of them and one very stuck on tilt player (Miguel) desperately raising every pot trying to get his money back. They had been playing all night. Won very nice pot against a big stack then chopped one with Sal when he rivered the straight that I had flopped with Q/10 while he was chasing a flush (10/6 suited) with terrible pot odds. I then gave away half my stack with AQ vs. KK. I raised preflop in late position and he just called with his KK in small blind. With a queen high flop I was stuck, but fortunately he ran out of chips on the flop bet, raise and reraise.

Quitting with a small, $35 profit to help pay for my tournament, I busted out around 20th place raising in late position with 10/J, being reraised by KQ suited out of the blinds and calling his all in flop bet (10 high with 2 of his suite...he caught his flush on the river). As a fairly short stack I really was pot committed and got my money in with the best hand.

So, taking a seat at the Omaha 4/8 half/kill game I got stuck $100 before winning several pots and cashing out for a $140 profit. Total win for the day: $110. Had lots of worse days playing poker.

No comments: