Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tax Preparation




Well, unfortunately, I do not have any gianormous tournament winnings that I have to claim on my tax returns this year. However, I do have some losses that I could claim, and am thinking of claiming a couple of players as "dependents" (Ramon for one). Also, am thinking of deducting several "contributions" I made during the year calling a check raise on the river with the board paired, 3 of a suit on the board, with my two pair or straight! Given the turn in the economy, I am thinking of cutting back on this type of charitable contribution in 2009.

Winter still has its icy grip on the coast. We are lucky not to have piles of snow on the street, last night's wind storm took care of most of that. We are, unfortunately, isolated, with Highway 26 closed and our family perhaps stuck where they are for Christmas. It is my hope that the weather will clear up long enough for everyone to get here, then let it sock in.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Cannon Beach with snow! Does that happen often? By the way, I think most of us should consider Ramon to be a dependent. Ha! I sure hope that you and your family have a very happy (and safe) holiday. Hope to see you again soon.