Monday, December 29, 2008

Doctor Phil

My poker nickname is Dr. Phil.  This was started a couple of years ago by Roland, the poker room manager.  The name stuck, and lots of players have asked me over the years what "type of doctor" I am.  I have several answers, but the best one lately was provided by my wife, who suggested "Card-iologist".  Ha-Ha!  There are several doctors who play at The Moose regularly, so I think that I fit right in.

Anyway, here is a Doctor poker joke:

A Doctor answers his phone late one night and hears the familiar voice of a colleague on the other end of the line.  "We need a fourth for poker," said the friend.

"I'll be right over", whispered the doctor.  As he was putting on his coat, his wife asked, "Is it serious?" "Oh yes, quite serious," said the doctor gravely.  "In fact, there are three doctors there already!" 

One more joke:

A guy was playing 10-20 holdem and was stuck about 300 dollars when he looked down beside the table and saw a little green leprechaun.  "Quit playing poker forever right now and I'll give you a pot of gold worth a million dollars.", said the little fellow.  The player replied, "Let me get even first".  

Last new joke:

Q.  How do you get a professional poker player off your front porch?

A.  Pay him for the pizza.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

You are such a hoot! I look forward to seeing you next year! I am working on my poker new year's resolutions and hope to have them ready to post later today. Maybe I will stick to them longer than a month this time! Happy New Year to you and your family!