Thursday, December 11, 2008

Boundaries

I am trying desperately to cut back on my poker. First of all, am trying to "take care of business" first, then if time permits, which it always seems to, play poker. By the way, Elvis Presley's motto was, "TCB, In a Flash". He had that on the nose of his airplane. So, if it is good enough for Elvis, it is good enough for me. So, have I actually cut back? Great question. Yes, I have quit before 8:00 every night this week. Also, have quit while up. I played in a very beatable 3/6 game Tuesday night, got beaten, then moved to the 4/8 and won $300 net. End of day.

Wed. night lost in another beatable 3/6 game, moved to the big $10/20 game and won $200. An interesting observation was that I played against one of the same players that I lost to in the 3/6 when he played a 9/5 offsuit against a raise (my problem, not re-raising on the button with AQ suited). He flopped a 5 and rivered a 9. I won back that pot plus much more from him in the 10/20 because you just can't chase like that. Another plus of playing in bigger limit games.

Internet update: played in a $.50 buy in 45 person SNG and won $7.40. I led the entire tournament except for very short periods, and had 25% of chips in play at one time. It doesn't sound like much money, and it isn't, but I do love the competition and building my bankroll to play in bigger buy-in tournaments.

I am hoping to go home soon, but the weather is looking scary for the drive to the coast, so will just have to see what develops. I am ready for the holidays.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I've only played in a couple of 10-20 games, but I have also noticed that some of the regular 3-6 or 4-8 players do not change their games at all when they play 10-20 and that, quite frankly, is just stupid. I will be able to play this weekend because our firm gave away Xmas bonuses early, so I sure hope to see you there! If not, I hope your drive home is safe & that you have a great time. If I don't see you before Xmas, I hope you and your family have a great holiday.