Tuesday, December 30, 2008

On The Bubble (again)

O.K. this is now officially ridiculous.  Last night I bubbled on a 45 person tournament twice (well, once on the bubble, the other 6 away from the money).  The ironic thing was that they were both against AQ, which as we all know is a trouble hand.  The true bubble was really my fault.  I raised from the cut-off with A-10 (the big time trouble hand).  I was flat called by the button, who was the chip leader....rut row!  The flop was A-small-small, 2 clubs.  I bet half the pot, which was at least 1/2 my remaining chips and he re-raises me all-in.  I should have smelled trouble at that point and run with my remaining chips, which would probably put me all in the next time I played or in the blinds. So, pot committed and suspecting a steal raise from the chip leader, or possibly a flush draw I call...bye-bye.

The next 45 person SNG I was also in good shape with 13 remaining.  I limped in with K/10 suited, and the flop was great for me...K-J-10.  It is checked to me, I bet the pot and am re-raised all-in, by.....AQ, the flopped straight!  I of course call, and bye-bye.  I must start to respect re-raises more!!!!

Finally, a word of wisdom:  There are two secrets to success at poker.  Rule #1, never tell your secrets. 

2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

Oh, darn you! Now, I must figureout Rule #2!! That's just mean. See you later.

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very fine......