Monday, June 30, 2014

WSOP Day 6

Now, those of you who know me may find this tough to believe, but after spending the week in Vegas I was tired.  I had mentioned to my sister that if things did not go well for me, would think about renting a car and driving to Phoenix (5-6 hours) for the weekend.  Don and I had a short discussion Friday morning and decided to pack up and leave.  We drove to Phoenix, had a great time visiting my mom and sister.  I caught a plane last night (Sunday) back to Vegas, checked into hotel and am now waiting for the shuttle to the airport.  Fun trip, definitely could have played more poker, but not stuck too bad (flight was covered with frequent flyer points) and avoided the weekend hotel at the Rio cost.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I think it was a good choice to go to Phoenix. A week is a long time to do one thing over and over, although with poker I could probably handle it - LOL. Glad you got to see your family.