Monday, June 23, 2014

Vegas WSOP Day 1





This really doesn't count because I just arrived at around 10 p.m.  I was met by my buddy Don (if you're not early you're late) Yarbrough.  We drove over to the Rio and packed my bags up to his room.  Penny was already in bed.  We wandered around the WSOP rooms to check out the action and pick up information for tomorrow's tournaments.  We decided to play the $220 buy-in 3 P.M. deepstack, it was still going strong at midnight, and first prize was over $30,000 with over 800 entrants.  Railbirding the $1000 bracelet event, we spotted several pros, including Dennis Phillips.  He was pretty short stacked and would not survive the night. To me, spotting the celebrity pros is kind of a fun thing.  Will mention others I saw on next post.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I am SO jealous. One of these days . . . . Go get 'em!