Monday, June 30, 2014

WSOP Day 5

So, day 5 we decide to change things up, driving to IHOP for breakfast.  Those buffets can get mighty tiring I must say.  So, rather than play in a deepstack (they had been cancelled due to overwhelming demand for the $1M guarantee superdeepstack that added 3 additional flights over 7800 players), we wandered over to the Mirage for the 11:00 tournament.  Don outlasted me, but neither of us cashed.  In the meantime, I played some 1/2 NL and chalked up a mini-win of $12.

We then took a cab over to the MGM for the $80 buy-in tournament.  It did not go well for me, but Don chopped 4 ways for $600 and repaid me the entry fee per our agreement.  While waiting for Don, I played some 1/2 NL, buying in for $150 and cashing out for $243.  A profitable day for both of us.

We got back to the Rio late, checked out the action at the WSOP.  They were just breaking for dinner, so it was a madhouse.  Called it a day and went to bed.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Sounds like a very relaxing day and you made money - always a good thing! I love IHOP.