Thursday, June 26, 2014

WSOP Day 4

This is a great place to spot the poker celebrities.  Who is that in the elevator with Don's wife, Penny?  Why it is former WSOP Main event champion Joe Cada.  Who is that standing at the urinal next to Don?  Why it is bracelet winner Phil Helmuth.  Crazy place.

Don and I decided to make this a relaxation day.  He hung out at the pool, I went to the Venetian to play some 4/8 Omaha.  They were in the late stages of their own deepstack,  $1100 buy-in event with over a thousand players.  They were down to the hundred level in the money.  First prize was $114,000.

The Omaha did not treat me well, dropped $200, but met some funny guys and had a good time swapping poker stories.  One guy was from Madison Wisconsin and good friends with one of Hellmuth's friends.  He had played poker with him several times.  Gave one player my "business card" and promised to write about some of the stories for my blog.  I  left to meet Don & Penny for dinner.  Had some awesome ribs at the Rio.  Below is a picture of the Rio, just impossible to show how busy it really was.  They have about 80 tables, and they were all full with waiting lists.  I had to wait an hour for my seat.





3 comments:

7 Dewey said...

It appears as if you guys are having a great time. So where are all the photos of these famous people? How are your many followers supposed to believe that you really saw them, eh?? If you are in the elevator with somebody famous take their picture for crying out loud! Have fun!!

Phil said...

Kind of tacky to photobomb these guys.

7 Dewey said...

Oh, I really think it's OK. I'm sure they are quite used to having their pictures taken. Having said that, I might feel a little leery doing it too. So, any more excitement to share? I made the mistake of playing live on Saturday and am broke again. I've got to stop doing that.