Thursday, June 26, 2014

wsop day 3 (Tues.)

First of all, an apology for not updating more.  Yesterday would have been a good day to catch up, but just didn't access the web with my netbook.  First, a couple of pictures, my giant tenderloin (already had cut off most of the excess), and a picture of a dealer at the deepstack.



Tuesday I decided to "warm up" for the 3 p.m. deepstack  by playing the 11:00 Mirage $65 tournament.  This has been one of my favorites, with around 30-40 players, 20 min. blinds and 8K starting chips.  I have cashed in it 5 out of the last 6 times played, so looks like easy money.  Sure enough, ended chopping 4 ways for only $227 because of very light entry (17).  But glad to get a win under my belt and win a portion of the $235 deepstack buy-in.    Sorry to report that I had very similar results to the last deepstack.  Went out around 200th at 10 p.m. (out of 1250 players), my last hand was AQ vs. AA.  A giant stack had moved to our table and had raised 3 hands in a row.  I decided to call bullshit on him with my AQ and moved all in for 45K on his 15K bet.  Problem was, another player came over the top for all of his chips with AA, and the big stack folded 4/4.  I hit my hand on the turn with a queen, but dealer could not find another one to crack the aces.  The ironic part was that the aces were only still in because he had cracked aces with......4/4.  Further irony was provided when the original raiser hit his 4 on my river, which would have eliminated the aces (and me) had he called the overshove.  My phone died shortly afterward, so lost my hotspot to update.  Now fixed but my netbook is acting very erratic, so hope I can continue.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

It's great that you continue to go so deep in these things. Sooner or later everything will click into place and you will be making the money. You are so close. Never give up! That food is amazing. Huge!