Friday, June 1, 2012

Third Winning Day in a Row!

Sat in the cash game for a couple of hours yesterday and won $148, for my third winning day in a row!  Looks like my WSOP contribution is $60 so far this week.  Not planning on playing today, but have my sights set on two tournaments tomorrow, the 10 Moose and the 12:30 Joker deepstack.  Time to focus on tournament play this weekend.

Don, was just reading an interesting article by one of my poker heroes, Tom McEvoy.  He has written or co-written like a dozen or so books and often plays in Pendleton, OR where I have seen him on the higher stakes cash games.  He talks about the aggressive 3 bets with garbage in today's game in his article in "Poker Player" magazine.  Not much new info but an acknowledgement of the fact that today's game is one of aggression with or without cards in the later stages of the tournament.  Tight is right early, but as you have seen, loose calls that connect strongly can propel you into big stack poker.  Good luck tomorrow.  I briefly thought about catching a flight down there today to join you in the tournament, but have to be back Monday and if I ran good that would be a problem.  And, as you well know, "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail".  Next year I am there for sure.

No comments: