Sunday, June 3, 2012

Beaten Like a Rented Red-Headed Stepmule

Yesterday was my worst single day loss in poker, ever.  Why I continued to rebuy is a mystery to me.  Not really on tilt, more like looking for payback.  Problem was, people just took turns drawing out on me.  In a nod to honesty, I did crack aces with my pocket kings (king on the river), and also bluffed a huge pot getting the best hand to muck too quick to retrieve with jack high missed straight draw on a river flush scare card.  But here is the deal, too often I was cracked by people chasing straights, flushes, and single bottom pair hands.  All of their draws seemed to come in against me.  On the other hand, my draws stubbornly refused to happen.  My "tilt" part if any came from calling raises with suited connectors only to see another suite flop, or worse, 2 of my suite with a draw that never happened.  I made one flush all day and one straight, yet was beaten a dozen times or more with those.

Playing in the tournament was not much better.  I raised with A/5 suited, and am called by 7/3 offsuit who sees a flop of K/8/7, he checks, I C'bet and he calls.  Turn 6 gives me both the open end and flush draw, plus overcard.  He checks, I go all-in, he calls.  Gone.  

No comments: