Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Secret Tells, Tendencies and Traits Book

It is my plan when I return to the Moose to keep extensive notes on each player.  I plan to focus each session on a couple of regulars and take note of their betting patterns, physical tells, and bet sizing in relation to their starting hand.  For instance, I have noted that Janny will nearly always bet or raise $20 preflop with larger pocket pairs especially kings, queens & jacks in order to take the pot immediately.  She will limp with smaller pairs hoping to flop a set & hit quads.  She is also a player who is an "any two suited" player, so you must be on guard for her random 2 pair or flush.  If she is on a flush draw she will chase.  If she has top pair with a good kicker she will nearly always raise any bettor.  On physical tells, she will have her chips in hand if she plans to call.

Anyway, that is the idea of my notebook.  I am anxious to get the goods on some of the regulars and think that if I laser focus on them in a session I will get knowledge that will pay big dividends in the future.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Oh oh. Guess it's time for 7Dewey to become a statute - LOL.

On a side note - I made yet another final table at the Island last night only to get knocked out on the money bubble with a straight on the turn that got beat by a boat on the river. Ouch! Still, 4 final tables & 3 cashes out of 5 tournaments ain't half bad!

Hope to see you soon! No tells from me - you won't find any.