Sunday, June 3, 2012

Running Bad, Playing Bad

How bad can you run?  Short stacked by calling Hal's shove with my AQ, he had 4/4.  Hit an ace on the flop, he rivers a 4.  Knocked out by Barbra in big pot with 8/9 on a fop of J/7/x, one player all-in, another player in pot, she shoves into the dry pot with pair of 7's, I call having only one big blind with my gutshot, overcards.  Hit my 9 but she rivers another 7 for trips.  Very bad.

Now going to the 10:00 tournament, playing very snug, folding every hand early until I get K/K 4 under gun with one limper.  I make it $250 and get two callers, then the UTG raises to 1200.  Smelling shenanigans and wanting to isolate, I reraise all-in.  He has A/A.  Ironically, with a flop of QJ/x, and turn of J, I would have won the hand with any smaller facecard pair.  Of course, I wouldn't have shoved with JJ or QQ but oh my how that trapper would have been trapped......  Had he come in for a raise initially I would have just called with kings (probably) to see if an ace hits, or re-raised and folded to a shove (credit for being a very good player), and shoved on the flop to a check if no reraise.  I am getting them all in irregardless in this situation.  Not nearly smart enough to call/fold.  Again this is just an example of how bad I am running right now, not really a whine.....just an observation.  

No comments: