Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What is Sweet? Revenge, of Course.

First to my Sunday tournament activity.  Playing in the $60 buyin Moose I really was running pretty card dead.  With blinds at 200/400 I had 3200 in chips when I was dealt A/J in middle position.  I raised to 1600 with one limper (Jeff), who was my only caller.  The flop was J/10/X and when it was checked to me I went all-in.  The villain calls, saying "I will call you cause I've got nothing", then turns over AQ.  I am sure that he thought that he had two overs plus a gutshot.  The river brought him the king for broadway and I am out as he comments, "Sorry".  I paused, then replied, "Oh, that's great that you are sorry, that makes a huge difference to me".

Fast forward to the Steve Stark tournament at 2:00.  I am running good in this one, end up chopping 3 ways with Gary and his brother (didn't know he had one til then).  I think we got around $110 each.  So, with my small loss in the cash game (100), I had a net loss for the day of about $90.

Fast forward again to the 10 a.m. Moose.  I am running hog wild with aces, queens, AK, etc.  Unstoppable.  Draws coming in.  Muy caliente!!!  But here is the best part.  At my table is the villain from the Sunday tournament.  He has about 5000 chips and I raise to 600 with blinds at 100/200.  He calls, along with Joe.  The flop is queen high with two diamonds.  Villain bets 1600, Joe calls, and I get a chip count from villain and re-raise him all-in.  Joe tanks and folds.  Villain shows AQ but the diamond on the turn seals the deal for me.  Joe said on the flop, "I folded two diamonds, but only 9 high".  Revenge is so sweet, a dish served cold.  I did not say a word as he left.

Now, revenge part deux.  If you recall, a couple of months ago I had some conflict with another player, unnamed but think big and crude.  Paybacks are truly a bitch.  Running so hot, I pick up AA on the button with like 6 limpers.  No way that is going down.  I decide to overbet the pot to represent a small pair that doesn't want a call, so I just shove my huge stack.  Villain #2 cannot wait to call with a fair size stack having AK suited.  I say, "Well, I know that I am ahead temporarily".  He takes great offense at this and mentions karma, bad luck, etc. With just a few chips left he is all in on the next hand which I have QQ and is gone when they hold up, muttering as he leaves.  Now I am SORRY!!!!

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Is the "villain" super tall Jeff? He annoys me. He has called my all-ins a couple of times with inferior hands and gotten very lucky. Phooey.

Revenge is fun isn't it? I think the other guy might be Jerry. He annoys me too. There are very few players that really annoy me but he is definitely one of them. Hope to see you this weekend. I will be playing at Jokers for sure. I should have done so last week!