Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Set Mania

Per sonal best record today for flopping sets.....5 of them!  Let me tell you some tales of woe and some big wins.

1st hand....Playing 9/9 I flop a set with 2 spades on the board.  My $20 bet does nothing to dissuade a caller.  Turn is another spade, he bets into me, call.  River, yet another spade, he bets, fold.

2nd hand....Playing 6/6 I flop a set on a 8/6/5 flop.  He bets, I call (same guy).  Turn another small guy.  He bets, I call.  River, he bets, I fold, he flopped a straight with his 4/7.

3rd hand....Playing 9/9 again the flop is 10/9/3.  A player bets, I raise, another player calls and first bettor goes all in for less.  Turn, I bet, player folds, all in player shows 10/10 for set over set.

4th hand....Playing J/J, I raise big preflop with about $60 in front of me.  Get 3 callers.  The flop is J/ 3/x.  I bet $20 and everyone calls.  I bet my last $15 blind and the turn pairs the 3.  Everyone calls.  The river?  don't remember, but it makes one of the other players a straight and he wins the side pot.  Nice win.

5th hand....Playing 3/3, the flop is 3/10/10.  A guy with a weak 10 bets $10, I raise $20, he calls, everyone else folds.  Turn he calls my bet, river I check.  Decent pot.

Anyway, very mixed results, but never flopped so many straights in my life.  Small win due to some major suckouts. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

The first 2 hands were just icky boards for you. The one with 10s over 9s was just unlucky. The last two were cool. There must be something in the water because I had two sets of 5s hold up yesterday. I'm done with live for awhile though. It goes in cycles and my hot streak is over! I will try really hard to get to Jokers on Saturday, but family stuff might intervene. Hope to see you soon.