Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Back in The Saddle

Back to Tri-Cities for a few weeks.  Drove in last night, tired from 6 hour trip but sat down for 4 hours of play at the Moose.  Nothing spectacular, just one big hand with KK and flopping a set gave me a $50 win. 

Played the Moose a.m. tourney and was first out.  The first hand was dealt AA and two callers to my raise.  Flop was king high and AK bet out, which I raised.  Check on turn, I went all in.  Fold.  A few hands later had KK and raised fairly big.  Called by 7/9 of hearts.  Flop is A/K/x, all hearts.  He checks his flopped flush, saying, "I check my flush".  I bet $400, he reraises all in and I call with my set.  The board fails to pair and I am now super short.  Next hand I limp with 2/2 and it is raised big by 10/10.  I call with my few (100) remaining chips and am out.  Good thing though, since I sit in the cash game and leave 5 hours later up $430. including the $200 high hand I hit at the last moment (they had to review the tapes to verify that it had happened before 12:00).  Was up even more, maybe $250 or so but lost a few big pots.  Great day though.

Report on my friend, Don.  He busted out around 725th place (out of 2100 players) in event #2.  He is playing again on Saturday in event #9A.  My best wishes to him.  He has the ability to win, just needs to find the luck and play aggressively.  The pros in these things are very tough and super aggressive.  Fight fire with fire. 

No comments: