Saturday, November 29, 2008

Up and Down Online

I am trying to wedge in some online play this holiday weekend late at night or when everyone else is involved with something. Thursday is a very good day, increasing my bankroll by 30% by winning a small sit n go and doing very well on the omaha low limit game. However, Friday I give it all back. My tournament play is very spotty and unlucky. I am getting way too impatient, probably because of guilt playing poker while family is in the house, so am pushing too hard with marginal holdings. On the theme of totally whacked luck, I am playing omaha and really can't win a hand. I tighten up to the point of absurdity, trying to play only super premium holdings like AA23 suited. I limp and hope, but either no low develops or I am counterfeited every time. Finally, tilt sets in and I raise and re-raise with my premium hands, only to have the same results. My AA23 is beaten by KK34 every time, or even worse. One hand I had nut flush, nut low draws on the flop and get beaten by someone making a back door flush with 2/3 suited! Sick!!!

Now to the life lessons part that I promised my daughter. Never get involved with something when you cannot give your full attention to it. Distractions are fatal to success. Also, always be on your "A" game, and focus on always doing the right thing and do your best to ignore the results. A results oriented life forgets that what is important is that life is a journey not a destination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the life comment, that will keep me reading. And thanks for the movie- it was nice to have your company.

7 Dewey said...

You are such a "phil"osipher. My oh my. I look forward to seeing you at the Moose this weekend and to beating you in a tournament - ha!