Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Poker Round-up Part 2

Just like the old Timex ad, "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'", I am back for more abuse on Sunday. The thing I really like about the roundup is running into poker friends from all over. There is a fairly large Cannon Beach contingency, including Jim & Rachel, the organizers of the American Legion tournaments. They sold their place in CB, so I haven't seen them for a while. My game went pretty much like Wednesday's, winning a few pots then losing on AQ vs AK when an ace hit. Lost another $100 in Omaha and called it a day. My new resolution: Never go all-in with only top pair....gotta be stronger.

My life lesson is to make good decisions and not to worry so much about the outcomes. Life is just a series of decisions we make, and things will not always work out, but if you always make good decisions the general trend will be good.

No comments: