Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Ultimate Bet Website

So, Monday night I am happily playing along in a good Omaha game when the site announces that the table will close in 10 seconds! I check out other tables, and everything is shut down. Then I remember a message about the site undergoing some upgrades and will close for a few hours. O.K., to bed. Tuesday I am thinking about driving to Spirit Mountain for the day since Helene is working, but heavy rain makes the trip a bad idea, plus the gutter cleaner is here first thing in the morning, so I sit down to play online. What!!! The site is totally different, they have merged with Cereus, and totally changed everything. But, the worst part is my small real money bankroll has disappeared! I contact their online help desk who advises me to sign off and sign back on. No dice! I uninstall and reinstall the program, but still no money. I am feeling violated. I try playing the free money part and don't even like it. I forgot the loosey goosey play when it is play money. I give up and go have coffee at the bakery.

Later, I try again, and lo and behold, there is my money. Allrighty then. The new site is different though, the rake is more on the sit n go's which cuts into your payout. It runs slower, players are given more time to act. In general, I want my old site back. May have to explore other sites.

No comments: