Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still Waiting to Get Hot

O.K. this is officially bad. I played on a couple of online tournaments today and got crushed by, in order, My AJ beaten by A9, he caught a 9. Then pocket kings allin (tournament leader..me), gets called by pocket Jacks...and he naturally hits his 2 outer. Then...fairly deep in freeroll, I raise preflop with AK, get an AK7 flop, end up all in...against pocket 7's. WTF!!! Then to pour salt in the wound, the turn card is....the case 7!!!!!! The overkill of quads is just a little over the top for me.

I am, however, an eternal optomist. I am like the little boy who gets a big pile of manure for his birthday and happily starts digging through it looking for the pony! My spirit will not be crushed. Hope will go on....just like the Titanic.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

You are just too funny. I must commiserate with the quad 7s. I was all-in once with A-10 clubs (short stacked) and Matt (Matilda) decided to call me only because my all-in bet was $7700 and he was born on 7-7 and he had pocket sevens. To make matters worse, one of the cards got stuck on the flop and the first 2 cards I saw were the other 2 sevens. Good grief. I still have to laugh about that one. It's straight out of the twilight zone! I hope your luck improves!!