Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pendleton Part 3

My last tournament at Pendleton this year, the Omaha 8 or better. Or, as I like to say, another $215. buffet. I do make it almost to the dinner break (4 1/2 hours of play) before being knocked out on kind of a fluke hand. I was in the big blind for over half my chips...blinds were 300-600, and the next player raised 600 so I called for pot odds. He had aa83, my hand was a/j (diamonds), K/9 (spades), not a bad hand. The flop came with 2 diamonds and the river....another diamond. I was ready to rake the pot when it was pointed out to me that the eight of diamonds on the river paired the eight already on the board, and there was also a 3 out there....giving the raiser a full house, but not with the cards he or I expected. Terrible beat!

No comments: