Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Poker Marathon



Yesterday was a marathon for me.  Driving in from Seattle (fully rested from 4 hour drive), I sit down for some poker.  Playing squeaky tight (think folding small blind in a family pot), I "graduate" to the main table with basically my $100 buy-in intact.  Big mistake moving.  Within an hour at the other table there are quads dealt twice to the same player ($499 Monte for each), and a royal flush ($1500).  Nice table change.  We finally get one at our table, not me, the player to my immediate left.

This table is sooooo beatable.  Watching sick bluffs and folks calling down with bottom pair.  Running very card dead.  Pick up KK and get 4 callers with my raise.  C-bet on a 10/10/2 board and get two callers.  My spidey sense is telling me kings no good.  I check the turn, Jerry bets $20, Anh calls, I fold.  River, Jerry bets, Anh calls, Jerry has pocket aces.  Good fold.  Folded kings earlier to Anh's aggression bad fold then.

Anyway, I eventually lose my $100, re-buy for $50, and eventually cash out for......$150 exactly.  Only problem is the eventually ends up being 2:15 a.m. That's right, 10 hours of poker to break even.  Oh well, got my "free" dinner & coffee all night.  Good Grief!!! 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

My last live session was a total disaster and I lost by $200 buy-in in about 2 hours. And I played so bad in the $115 Sunday deep stack that I should be shot! GAK!

Breaking even is a GOOD thing. I once played 3-6 on $100 for 19 hours. What's not to like? It's a fun game and if you can break even and have fun you're doing OK.