Friday, October 26, 2012

Home Early from Legion, Rut Row






Again, I am asked to deal at the Legion, table 2 so not too late.  Collected my dealer money from 2 weeks ago, $30, which nicely offset my $40 buy-in, so with the money I will get this week, am in the black.

I am home early tonight, being knocked out before we got down to 2 tables, which sucks.  A brief recap of my night is in order.  1st hand of the tournament I deal myself A/A, raise to $100 with no limpers and only $60 in the pot.  Everyone folds.  Woot-Woot!

2nd hand I play, I am in the BB with 10/10.  Pocket Q/Q UTG min raises, and A/A on the button re-raises, we both call.  Flop is low, we check to the aces, he bets small, we both call.  Turn is a jack, again check check small bet, we both call.  River, everyone checks and he turns over the winner.

3rd hand I raise in late position with A/6 suited.  One caller.  Flop is ace high with 2 hearts.  I continuation bet and he calls.  Turn is a 6 giving me 2 pair, he checks, I bet pot.  He calls.  River third heart hits, I check he goes all-in.  I wait, he says, I'll show, I fold, he had flopped an open ended straight flush draw.  No bet would have deterred him.

Now short stacked, a player raises my big blind to $300 (blinds at $60/120), I call with KQ of clubs.  Flop is J/J/10 with two clubs, giving me the open ended straight flush draw.  I go all-in for my last $400 or so and he insta-calls with his flopped boat, J/10 offsuit.  Now, as the dealer I need to pull out my two outer but fail. Dealer down!!!  Well that sucked.  Victim of draws.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Ah, yes, but it was a straight flush draw! This is one of the hardest hands for me to fold especially open-ended even though I rarely hit open-enders. You just can't fold an open-ended straight flush draw in your position. Phooey.