Monday, October 29, 2012

Finally, Online Victory

For the third time since I started playing "Card Player" poker online I ended up heads-up with the lead in a big tournament.  The previous 2 times I went down in flames, always running into a monster or my opponent getting dumb lucky.  Today, I finally won (a field of around 200 players) by getting lucky against a monster flop for my opponent.  He limped, then called my A/8 button raise all-in with Q/6.  The flop was horrible for me, 5/6/Q !!!!  The turn brought some relief with a 5, then blessed river ace!  My aces up beat his queens up.  The prize you ask?  Well not really that great, just a 30 day VIP upgrade, worth about $20.  This allows me to play in some bigger $ tournaments plus some that I was excluded from.  

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Hey, a win is a win, right? Great job and it's about time YOU got lucky.