Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hands I Hate





I have this irrational hate of some hands.  Maybe I always lose with them or against them.  For whatever reason here they are:

KJ-  The mother of all hands I hate.  Why you may ask?  It is probably the hand I get knocked out of more tournaments with than any other hand.  If I shove with A/K, some jackass always seems to call with this dominated hand and spike a jack.  I shove with A/Q, no problem with K/J, I flop two pair he rivers the 10 for the straight.  If I put the shoe on the other foot and get randy with it myself I lose the the dominating K/Q, A/K or any pair.  Go figure.

My next least favorite hand is Q/10.  Also one that is so easily dominated it is ridiculous, yet has knocked me out of more tournaments than I like to remember.  Playing at Wildhorse a couple of years ago, I flopped two pair and was knocked out when called by.....wait for it........K/J who had an open ender which hit on the turn.  The very next year at Wildhorse I flop two pair with my Q/10 and yes get knocked out by J/9 two pair who fills up on the river.

Next, a really bad hand that I will never play in any position except the unraised big blind.  10/5.  This is such a miserable piece of work, never making the nuts (oh, except for maybe a freakish 10/10/10 or 5/5/5 flop.  Call me irrational (just don't call me late for dinner), but I really hate these cards.  

Oh, close to this subject....plays I hate.  There always seems to be some jackass who either shoves or raises from the blinds after there are like 5 limpers.  What the hell?  Most of the time he assuredly does not have aces.  So, he gets to play the hand, out of position, against a huge field with his raise which seldom gets rid of many players because, duh, they have position. 


1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

K-J is a pain in the ass. I did knock Roland out of a tournament once when he had A-A and I got runner-runner K-J. He didn't let me forget that for about a week. He had no chips however so I was right to call in that situation. On the whole if I have K-J or A-10 I will fold to any raise unless it's a super cheap all-in or I just know for a fact that the raiser is trying to steal. I hate Q-10 and 10-5 also. Great minds think alike! LOL