Thursday, September 22, 2011

Poker is Looking Cheap

Yesterday was an expensive day for me.  Day before my car wouldn't start on the first, second, third or fourth time.....twice.  Panicking somewhat I called the Nissan dealer in Portland and ended up driving my car there for service, including 60,000 mile scheduled work.  Leaving it there in a rental car, I returned to the coast.  The next day (yesterday), I had a 12:30 dental appointment for a root canal.  Finishing the appointment I paid $1100 and jumped into the car to drive to Portland.  My bill at the dealership?  $1100.  It would have been cheaper to get stuck in the $2/20 game.

Today I started the morning getting another tooth pulled.  Ouch!  But cheaper than my buy in for a poker game, so things are definitely looking up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have spent the night in Portland with us! Why drive back and forth? -A