Saturday, September 10, 2011

Card Dead in Freeroll

Playing in the much anticipated freeroll I went totally completely card dead early and just kept coming up with 2nd best hands that cost me a lot of chips.  I was soon down to only 3000 from the starting stack of 10K.  My nemesis at the table was Hal.  He plays only omaha and earned his seat from those hours.  He plays aggressively with draws (like omaha) and they were coming in for him.  Ramon had the deck run over him, particularly against me and someone else where he flopped a set of 8's and rivered quads.  He ended up the tournament in #1 position with almost 100K in chips, which is 1/2 of all the chips in our flight.  Ended up on the final table and with about 15K in chips this hand came up.  With blinds at 1/2000, I was in the small blind with A/5 suited!!! and one limper, my friend Ron and Hal in the big blind with about 30K in chips.  I went all in and Hal goes over the top with Q/10 offsuit!!!!  Dumb call, but on the flop a 10 and jack hit.  I hit my ace on the turn and of course the river brings the king for his broadway straight.  Dumb call, dumb luck.  He ends up donking his chips off to end in 8th or 9th place. 

I really had miserable cards and bad flops for the most part, picking up a few pots here and there with my pushes and hitting a set of 6's once against an all in call who flopped a pair of 10's with his Q/10.  When will people learn to stop calling with this garbage???

The entire tournament I had these pocket pairs: 9's (twice), 7's, 6's (twice), and 4's.  Pretty bad cards I would say. Also never had AK and seldom had two face cards, winning some uncalled raises with AQ.  For the most part, unplayable hands.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I am bummed for you. It's really too bad that you ran into such players, especially Hal. I've had to deal with him before. I usually beat him, but there's no way to beat luck. Sorry you didn't make it.