Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Always the Luckbox

It seems that there is nearly always the guy at your table that just lucks into every hand... Like nobody has anything and his ace high wins, or he is checked into or calls to the river with a gutshot that comes in.  Today online I had the pleasure of playing that guy.  It didn't seem to matter what he needed, he got.  I flop trip jacks and he turns the flush, I hit two pair, he makes a straight.  We played down to the two of us in a SNG and he had me outchipped 2/1 when I get.....pocket aces.  I raise, he reraises, I shove, he calls and reveals......K/Q offsuit.  The flop naturally contains a king and the river brings the queen....player down.  Proving the adage, you just can't beat luck.

Later, playing in a sit n go I was not exactly a luckbox, but something unusual happened.  Out of the 8 other players, I knocked all but one of them out.  Weird.  Wish it had been a real money bounty tournament.  Usually in those I wound people then others knock them out.

No comments: