Saturday, September 3, 2011

Chop Chop

A good night at the Legion last night.  4 tables and decent prize pool.  Fortunately, got there late and was not asked to deal.  Played well and on the final table got some great cards (AA twice, KK twice).  Almost got knocked out with kings when my all in was called by Q/10 offsuit.  The flop was 6/7/9 and despite my pleas, the turn brought the 8.  Just when all was lost, the 10 hit on the river for a chop pot playing the board.  Whew!

I took the caller out with my all in with pocket 10's and his call with KJ suited.  I had just had a conversation with the most excellent player next to me about how "I always lose to KJ or lose with it" when that hand came up minutes later.

We got down to 4 players, I had 2nd or third in chips....the chip leader was once the short stack with only $800 at the 800/1600 blind level and he just kept going all in and winning.  I had taken all but those chips when he called my all in with my KK.  Lucky him.  We gave him $300 and split the rest 3 ways for $286 each.  Minus $20 dealer tip and $40 buy in, my net was $226.

No comments: