Thursday, March 4, 2010

Eerie flop

Last night I was playing in the Moose 2/20 game when something very strange happened. My friend Lynne had given me a card protector with QQ on the top (thanks again Lynne, (an I'm sorry for the bet when I made my straight flush gift). I had it in my pocket and was not using it when I remembered that I had it. So, I removed it from its pouch, and put it on my cards before looking at my next hand. Lo and behold, the cards were QQ!!! This was interesting, and since I hate QQ because I have found it impossible to win with it, decided maybe, just maybe, this was a "sign". So, I made a small raise with it....something I just seldom do with queens. With 4 callers, the flop came 7/Q/Q!!!! With a quad flop I was just dumbstruck, and I checked when everyone checked to the raiser. I then checked the turn, and it was bet into me on the river, which I raised and he folded. Wow.

I wish I could report that the rest of the evening went well, but it did not. My biggest problem seemed to be Frosty. He was chasing everything and getting lucky on the river. He snapped my flopped two pair with a straight, Paul's hands twice with a/2 offsuit, and two low hearts. He is willing to put any amount of money in the pot with seemingly any two cards. He called a three bet (mine) with 5/6 offsuit, and my turned flush was beaten by his full house. Last hand of the night for me.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Oh, I just love it! This is like the "twilight zone" of poker hands. I assume you got paid for the quads, yes? I'm glad you like your gift. By the way, EVERYONE has the same problem with Frosty - just remember - you are not alone - LOL! See you soon.