Thursday, March 18, 2010

Felting

I really love the phrase coined by Phil Laack, "I got felted". It really summarizes what happens to you when you lose all your money at the poker table; you get taken down to the felt. Playing Omaha today that happened to me twice. The first time I flopped a full house with my pocket 6's on a AA6 flop. O.K., no lectures on underfulls, but the action was bet, raise to me so I knew no one had quad aces, and with only the case 6 out, did not think that I was facing a made full house, so I reraised all in. They both called me with their A/5, and of course a 5 came on the turn. Granted, I was walking a mine field as any of their kickers were live, but jeesh. They both hit.

Second felting took place when I got a great flop for my pocket 10's with a 10/8/5 . I bet pot and got one caller. He was playing an A/3 of clubs and I really didn't understand the call with only a low draw. However the turn brought another low card (2) and a second club, so he had the nut low and flush draw. I bet pot again with him calling. The river.....a lousy 4 giving him a wheel and a hogger. Sick. He had to go runner runner to get there. You can argue for his outs, but on the flop he was drawing to half the pot at best. On the turn he locked the low, so I can understand the call, but he really doesn't have a ton of outs for high since I have one ten, 3 8's, 3 5's, and 3 2's to fill up or make quads.

On a more positive note, I did recover my lost felting by tripling up later, so it was a break even day for me.

No comments: